1. Lay out basic elements like photo mats and stitching.
2. Choose a mask or design your own. I used the Gyspy. Punches, MM Slice, and other digital die cutters would also work.
3. Adhere mask with magnets or temporary adhesive.
4. Shake glimmer mist and spray. Let dry before removing the mask.
5. Rub off temporary adhesive.
6. Add pictures, embellish, and journal.
I could have gone with the trendy shabby chic, flowery fabulousness... or even dark and mysterious with lots of fun TH techniques. It would have been a great opportunity to move outside of my usual style. However, I don't exude shabby chic-ness and I'm not mysterious. I'm something of a clown and a kid magnet. I chose Nerdy Bird by Sassafras since I'm a nerd and a music teacher. I used my kiddie embellishments because I sing, dance, crawl on the floor all day, and thrive on silly jokes. I included a quote about being a mother because it is my most favorite job ever. My little boy took that picture last summer when he was four years old and I thought he captured me perfectly.
I started scrapbooking and making cards in 2007. I was dragged kicking and screaming to a silly Stampin' Up party... I was HOOKED! My stash began in an orange, plastic bin and has since grown into a well stocked studio.