3-D Heart Ornaments
When Amber gave us the picture, I went for something simple but fun - some 3-D hearts. You can use these as Valentine's Day decorations or cards.
The CC products I used were:
EP's - Be Mine - 6x6
MM - Slice with Basic Design Card 1
MM - Slice tools - puncher
The Twinery - Maraschino Cherry twine
needle and thread (I used red thread)
1. Select 4-6 different patterned papers (I used 6). It's best to use some paper that has pattern on each side.
2. Cut out one 4" heart from each patterned paper using your Slice (or other cutting machine). I used the scalloped heart to give it a little more interest.
3. Layer the hearts on top of each other in the order you'd like them to be when you're done, and paper clip them together so they don't move.
4. Draw a line vertically down the center of the top heart.
5. Start punching holes along the line about 1/4" apart.
6. Start your thread at the top, leaving some slack to add the hanging loop later. And sew down the heart.
7. Add the loop with your twine.
8. Remove the paper clip and gently spread open the hearts until all spaces are even (or close to even). Mine aren't quite as even as I would have liked.