When Amber showed us the wonderful artwork that Neysa did, my mind started spinning. First I was going to make an LO about some of my own children's artwork. Then the colors struck me as being perfect for some fair pictures I had. So I decided to create a background for the LO inspired by Neysa's masterpiece. The sketch I used for this is from Sketch Inspiration (#218).
MME Fine and Dandy paper (True Blue "formal" and "Dapper" back)
MM Watercolor ocean simple sponge
MME Tres Jolie - Tres Bien "Summer" journal card, and "Play" quote
Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist - Red Nosed Reindeer
TH Distress Stain - chipped sapphire
Sassafras - Apple flag banners
MM just chillin' puffy alpha
MM metro mini shimmer gold alpha
MM blue shimmer alpha
Bo Bunny All Stuck Up - yellow/orange/red buttons
MM celery ribbon
Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist - English Ivy and Sunflower
TH Distress Stain - fired brick and forest moss
MM silver square brads
Baker's twine - yellow
To create the background, I selected a fairly plain piece of paper. This way the "pattern" would show up better.
1. Shake your glimmer mist up really well.
2. Unscrew the top of the bottle.
3. Flick or tap or shake the top so that the color sprays on the paper from the tube. Make sure you protect your work surface (unless you want it to look like your paper).
4. Repeat as many times as desired to cover the paper. You will probably need to put the top back on the bottle and reshake to get more ink in the tube.
5. Repeat with additional colors. I used three different colors.
6. Using the distress stain, apply spots randomly over the paper. If you raise it quickly, it will sort of give you a splashy look.
7. Trim paper to desired size (I used 11 x 11) and adhere to backing cardstock.
8. Cut two 3 x 12 strips of patterned paper. Adhere to lower part of page.
9. Trim and adhere pictures.
10. Embellish as desired.
On my profile is a one page layout I did for the same event (this was for my DD instead) - also based on the same sketch.