1. Materials Required:
Strips of your favorite paper (This and That Collection by Echo Park)
Tape of choice (I used 3/4" matte Scotch tape) You can also use packing tape, etc.
Spray bottle with water
2. Cut strips of paper to the width of the tape you will be using. I cut mine 3/4" wide.
3. Place a strip of tape on the right side (side you want to see) of your paper and cover it completely.
4. Flip the paper/tape from step 3 over and spray the uncoated/paper side with water multiple times. Just enough to wet without causing the water to bead up on top of the paper strip.
5. Use your fingers to rub the paper off of the tape. The more you rub off the more translucent the washi tape will be. Experiment and have fun seeing the results.
6. Adhere the strip to your project using double-sided tape such as scor-tape or a Xyron machine. Make batches ahead of time and roll them up for future use.