Whelp Chocolatey peeps.. My farewell project is finally here. It's a sad day, but it's been a great year. I've truly enjoyed having the opportunity to share some of my ideas and projects.. while also learning from each of you. This was a very diverse group of gals to work with, and I'm honored that CC and company gave me the adventure! Today I've decided to try something new.. I've seen works done like this by Louise Nelson and just had to give it a shot!
Onto the process shall we..
1) gather supplies.. CropChocolate supplies used: Bazzill Basics Charcoal cardstock, Distress Stain Picket Fence, Basic Grey To-Do Stamps, Prima Flowers, Zing opaque white Embossing Powder, Basic Grey Brads. Not CC: gesso, TA Glimmer Mist in Marshmallow, Floral beads, White wire, Cosmo Cricket chipboard, Diamond Glaze, Adhesive Foam Squares, Viva Las Vegastamps! stamp. Tools: Palette Knife, Scissors, Wire Clippers, Heat Gun, Tweezers
2) Dab background stamp randomly with distress stain and stamp on paper.
3) Smear gesso with palette knife over stamp and across paper.
4) Rather than misting with my Glimmer Mist I splattered... I just placed by finger over the open bottle shook a bit then splattered with a shake of my hand over the paper! Nice globby spots of gorgeous shimmer.
5) Dab prima flower with distress stain, dip in embossing powder and heat. It gets a very crisp hard kind of splotchy finish.
6) This is when I start to arrange parts onto my paper.. moving them around figuring out a composition. I added Gesso to the edges of my photo, put it on pop dots.. twirled some wire.. placed the flower.. you know, that sort of thing.
and here's a closeup of the final piece.. notice the layers and the 3D effects.
Also notice the title "Happy" - I was glad to work with the team, with CC, and mostly work for all the fans who followed our blog posts. Best of luck to the new team!! "