How to create an Ombre background for stamping on.
5x6 ½ card base
5x6 ½ piece of Sweet Day paper
3 ¼ x 31/4 Echo Park card stock Wintetime (Pine Green)
3x3 white card stock from stash
Echo Park Note to Self cream cs for decorative squares (6) and small heart
Tim Holtz distress inks in Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky, Evergreen Bough, Peacock Feathers, and Shabby Shutters
Computer journaling – “true friend” on Note to Self cream c.s.
Any small stamp – I used a butterfly from Paper Wishes (non CC)
A stamp to add texture to the heart – I used a swirl from Fancy Pants Whimsy stamp set.
2 ½ inch die cut ‘f’ – could be chipboard, cardstock, grunge board
I first attached a piece of Sweet Day designer paper to the front of a 6 ½ x 5 inch card base, then inked the edges of the card front with Tim Holtz Evergreen distress ink.
I started the Ombre with a 3x3 piece of white cardstock. I started with my darkest ink color at the bottom, getting lighter as I went up. I used one sponge for the whole project, liking how it blended together.
After I got the Ombre layers how I liked them, I began stamping the butterflly image using the same colors of ink in the same layers, turnin the butterflies, and having some of them off the paper to give it movement.
After stamping all the butterflies on the Ombre backround, I also stamped 6 small decorative squares (mine were 7/8 “) and a small heart, using the same ink colors.
I inked the large ‘f’ (cut out on the Cricut using the Base Camp font cartridge at 2 ½ inches) using TH Evergreen Bough and Peacock Feathers. I punched a small hole in the heart, threaded bakers’ twine through it, and hung it from the ‘f’.
Then, all I had to do was some finishing touches. I attached the ombre layer to EP pine green CS, then attached it to the card front. I used foam squares to emphasize the ‘f’ and make it stand out from the other elements, then attached it to the ombre layer. I computered journaled the “true friend” sentiment, and angled it behind the ‘f’. I glued 2 pieces of baker’s twine to the card front using a glue pen and a ruler.
Then, the only thing left is to attach the 6 decorative squares to the card front. I used foam squares again on these. Here’s the finished card and a close up.